Skip to main content

final game

Wednesday, May 20th
This year's Birthday Season has been filled with numerous baseball games.
Tonight was the final game of the season.
I had responsibilities at church, so I arrived a little late to the game.
We were ahead when I arrived. Then the opposing team tied up the game.
Our at bat brought a run across the plate.  It was an exciting game to watch.
Top of the final inning found the opposing team with the bases loaded and nobody out.
We changed pitchers.
He came in and struck out the first batter he faced.
On a passed ball, the player on third base tried to make it home, but our catcher tagged him out in a close play at the plate.
Two outs...no runs scored.
Our pitcher's next throw was a strike.
On the second pitch, the batter swung and missed.
The third pitch...swing and a miss!
Three outs...no runs scored...The Reds end their season with a WIN!
What a game!!!
Alex was walked and made it around the bases to score a run with his first at bat.  He struck out his second at bat, but he wasn't down about it.  I am so proud of the progress he has made this season and of the way in which he has handled himself on the field.  He has made his mama proud. ♥  There is no better gift.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.