Skip to main content

i miss you

Sunday, May 24th
There are those moments when something reminds you of someone and all you really want to do is be back with them again.
I had a few moments like this recently.
Okay, recently...meaning today.
IMG_20150524_082442 Take, for instance, this morning. I wanted to do something new for rest day, so I pulled up Beachbody on Demand.  As soon as I saw Shaun T's picture, I instantly thought of a friend of mine who is doing one of his programs, whom I haven't seen in what seems like ages, and immediately wished we could be in the same place for a few minutes again just to catch up.
I ended up choosing "Recovery" from Insanity for my workout.  If that is recovery...Insanity is an appropriate name for the program.  That was crazy.
Totally awesome, but absolutely crazy.
Funny thing, though...I'm finding myself slightly less intimidated by ST's workouts.
I have survived two individual workouts now...this is something, right?
Go ahead and laugh.  I am.
Trust me.  I have a healthy respect for the intensity that lies before me.  I have to since I am seriously thinking of taking on the challenge of completing one of his programs once my current round of P90X is finished.  I am counting on some major accountability to keep me going the entire time if I do accept the challenge.
IMG_20150524_230943Another moment that had me missing someone dear to my heart was when I was prepping some rhubarb for baking and freezing.  It made me miss Grandma Miller.  She grew rhubarb and made it into delectable delights.  She made the best rhubarb pie ever...but she made the best everything ever, rhubarb and otherwise. ♥  
Moments of remembering like that are wonderful and hard at the same time.
Today's gift is having amazing people in my life to miss.  These two brought to mind today and so many more.
You don't miss casual acquaintances.  You only miss those people with whom you have shared real life moments.  Family and friends whom make life so much better.  Because they are walking with you through it.  Because they make memorable moments with you that are worth reliving over and over again.  Because they leave you wanting to make more amazing memories together.
I am blessed beyond measure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.