Skip to main content

stick with it saturday

Saturday morning began early, but intentionally.
IMG_20150516_092106Knocked out the Warrior minutes after my feet hit the floor.  Did not have an hour to devote to Kenpo X, so I did my Saturday workout from P90X3.  The Warrior is an awesome 30 minutes of sweat inducing, core strengthening, moves.
Had a couple of errands to run before heading to Atlanta to the luncheon provided by Piedmont Hospital for their Cancer Survivors' day.  They provided free parking, lunch, and a ticket into the aquarium for me and a guest.  Scott graciously agreed to go with me. {smile}
There is this dolphin show, Dolphins Tales, available for your enjoyment at the aquarium now.  They warned us that we "might" get wet if sitting in the first 10 rows, the "splash zone".  A little bit of splash...what could it hurt, right?  However, what they omitted from their spiel was that they have trained the dolphins to intentionally spray the audience with their tails as they circle in front of the crowd...not only once, but like three or four times.  I lost count after the second saltwater shower I experienced.  The bad part wasn't being wet, it was being in air conditioning while being soaking wet.
20150516_115132 My favorite thing to see at the aquarium is the jellyfish.  I am mesmerized by their movements in the water.  I love the belugas, too, but haven't been able to see them the last two visits.  This time is was a good reason, though...a baby beluga has been born recently and they are keeping them behind closed doors, so to speak, until Mama and Baby are ready for the public.
It was a good time.
103 After the aquarium, we went somewhere I've never been to before...Trader Joe's.  Don't know why it was on my bucket list for my birthday season, but it was.  It was fun walking the aisles, seeing the products that they carried, and the product names were sometimes quite amusing.  The "Reduced Guilt" potato chips were today's winner for most creatively named product.
076 Leaving empty handed was not an option...not with all the healthy goodies at hand.  Picked up some dark chocolate covered raisins and unsalted roasted cashews to enjoy for days to come.  Happy early Birthday to me!
Guess what...the day is about to get even better.
082It just so happens that the best Philly Cheesesteak place in Atlanta, in my opinion, is about a block from TJ's.  Oh, yes...yes we did go to Woody's and get one to split between us.  It was so good!  In order to help keep myself in check with my food intake of the day, I took the top bun off and just enjoyed my half open faced style.  It's the little things...
Headed to Newnan to run an errand before heading to the house for the night.  The errand just so happened to land me right beside Starbucks.  Now, if you know me at all, you know that I am a Dunkin Donuts fan.  Big time.  This being said, while traveling in places that seem to not understand the necessity of being home to a Dunkin Donuts, I have had to find something to like at Starbucks.  Okay, so "have to" is slightly exaggerated, but let's keep it real...hotel coffee isn't that good, my friends.  This being said, my find at Starbucks, which I have not enjoyed since my latest visit to Vegas, was beckoning me.  I feel like a 20 something when ordering a beverage at Starbucks.  Does this happen to anyone else?  Something comes over me when using their jargon, most of which still confounds me, and I just feel like a trendy sort of person.  At least I can order one thing and sound like I know what I am doing.  My one thing of choice is a hot chai tea latte made with coconut milk.  Oh. my. goodness.  It is deliciousness, pure and simple.
100The day just kept on getting better and better.
At home, my night was set up before me to be spent in the kitchen baking cakes for the cake auction fundraiser at church Sunday night and some monkey bread for Alex's Sunday School class.  Baking is something I enjoy.  And, really, the evening is my favorite time to bake.  Made the layers for the strawberry cheesecake cake and twinkie cake and the monkey bread without incident.
All in all, it was a wonderful day for being the halfway point through my birthday season.  It is going by so quickly and I am enjoying each day so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.